Friday, June 29, 2012

Short And Sweet - I've Taken My Extensions Out!



So I have finally decided to give my hair a break for a while and I have taken out all of my Hotloxs Hair Extensions.

I have had them constantly in and out for 18 months now and I have to say my hair is still in the same condition it was the day I got them put in. But I decided to take them out, go a little lighter with my colour and let my hair thicken up a bit.

I've been playing around with hair bands, like this one from Dunnes
The thought of it was quite scary I do have to admit but i'm loving the feeling of having them out. Rosanna Davison Tweeted me after I put up a picture of my new hair and she said she loves being able to run your fingers through your hair when extensions are out.


So since I've had them out I'm trying all different types of styles. I have curled my hair, but mousse in, wax in, pinned it up and tried different hair bands. So I thought I would share some of them with you!

The first thing I tried was using a hair band. I got a gorgeous bow hair band from Dunnes Stores for only €5 and I've worn it loads.



It's a nice thick one and with the bow and the mix of colours you can really wear it with anything, then it becomes a fashion accessory as well as a hair one!

I also started messing around with clips and slides and I put my hair up. I used to never wear my hair up, but now that it's thin and light it's so easy to just throw it up.



I went to the launch party of Celebrity Salon last night and I wore my hair up, I loved the style and will definitely wear my hair up more often now!

To get my hair this way I twirled pieces of my hair around and then put a hair pin at the back, I did about 6 twirls and then I threw the rest up with pins.


I've been playing around with upstyles too!
Then I made sure my side fringe was push up at the front, I then pinned that and put hair spray all over.

I left two pieces of hair at the sides to keep the volume around my face. For someone who normally hates having her hair up I really felt comfortable with it.

Over the next few weeks I will be playing around and coming up with more styles.

Until next time,
Editor In Chief,
Ali xx