Monday, June 25, 2012

Beauty Diary: How To Create The Natural Look



Today I decided to play around with some of my different makeup products, to create an easy day-time look.

Every girl says their goal is to look natural, but as Millie Mackintosh from Made In Chelsea said "no one knows how much work goes in to creating the natural look".

With the likes of Angelina Jolie perfecting the natural look, it seems like only celebrities have it down to a tee, so I gave it a shot myself!

All you need for this is: 
- medium coloured concealer
- concealer brush
- light foundation, preferably MAC or BENEFIT
- shader brush/foundation brush
- bronzer
- blusher
- slant powder brush/powder brush
- brown eye pencil
- volumizing mascara



What I used: 
- Benefit Erase Paste
- Benefit concealer brush
- MAC Hyper Real SPF 15 Foundation, number NC 200
- www.makeup.ie Shader 5A Shader Brush
- Benefit Perfect 10 bronzer and blusher compact
- Benefit Slant Powder Brush 
- Strictly Come Dancing Brown Eye Pencil
- Benefit They're Real mascara

5 Steps To The Perfect Natural Look


(1) Using your concealer brush lightly stroke your concealer along your cheek bones, around your chin and across your t-zone.

The aim here is to highlight these areas. Make sure your concealer is a medium colour, not too dark, not too light.



(2) Next take your foundation brush, I prefer to use a shader brush when I'm doing my foundation, and especially with this look, because I will be doing a lot of blending.

Now gently spread the lighter foundation all around your face. First going over the cheekbones, chin and t-zone, to mix the foundation and concealer together.

Then spread around the rest of your face. Already you should see that the light foundation and the medium concealer create a shiny glow, and a natural tone.

(3) Now it's on to the eyes! I love using a brown eye pencil when I create the natural look. I prefer it to eyeshadow, as all I am doing is highlighting my eyes.

Using the pencil draw under the bottom of the eye, then draw on the very edge of your eyelid. The brown should be very light, but at the same time it should highlight your eyes.



(4) Then it's mascara time. I love thick, volumized eyelashes, even when I'm going for the natural look. You guys may want to use a light brown mascara but I'm using my favourite one, Benefit They're Real.

It's perfect for night's out as well as the day-time look, you can tone it down or tone it up. So use whatever mascara you have on the lower lashes as well as your top eye lashes.

(5) Then it's time to contour! Using a slant powder brush, start from just above the eyebrow, slowly brush bronzer along your check bones.



(6) Then using the same brush, or you can use a different brush, put some light blush on your cheeks. Smile and roll the brush in a small circle.

The bronzer around the side of your cheeks, and the rosy blusher on the apple of your cheeks, once again create a more natural look.

Tadaaaa

And that's it! It's my version of the natural look.

Let me know how you get on, and take some pics of your natural look and post them to my Facebook Page: Miss Red or Miss Red Blog.

Editor In Chief
Ali 
xx