Friday, July 13, 2012

Jennifer Lopez Speaks Out About Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Split


Singer Jennifer Lopez has admitted that she was shocked to find out that her pals Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise had split up.

The American Idol judge said that she understood the divorce, because she had been through something similar, with ex-hubby Marc Anthony.

The star told Entertainment Tonight that she was sad for the couple:

'I heard about it when I was in South America and I was stunned.  font-family: inherit;">I'm sad for them. They're both really lovely people, and just like Marc and I, it's not what you want to happen. You fight and you try until you realise you can't anymore.’

The 42-year-old who is dating back-up dancer Casper Smart, said she hopes the couple and their family can find peace.

‘I just wish them peace in their decision.  font-family: inherit;">And really for Suri and their other children as well, because you become such a family, it's not just Suri, it's Connor and Isabella and everybody, you know, you all become a family.’



‘And when that breaks apart, nobody wins; everybody's heartbroken in some way. And I just wish them peace.’

As well as knowing what it's like to go through a very public split in Hollywood, Jennifer has extra knowledge of the situation as her father David is also a Scientologist.